Interlibrary Loan Service Guide（Jan. 2013）
1. Service Users
2. Service Contents
4. Policy for Free Charge
5. Service Promise
7. Pay Methods
8. Introduction to Loan Period
9. Service Time and Contact
Please click the above links for details!
2 Service Contents
Interlibrary loan service provides all faculties, staff members, students of Fudan University with books from the libraries outside Fudan University Library ( FUL ). There are two means of interlibrary loan as follows:
(1) Use the Ordinary Interlibrary Card:
Go to Room 305, Arts & Humanities Library ( Interlibrary Loan & Document Delivery Office ) to exchange an interlibrary card with the individual valid documentation. The reader must go to to Shanghai Information Resources Network Libraries to borrow books in person. When the reader borrows books by means of the interlibrary card, he or she should show the student card or working card.
The following interlending cooperative libraries are available:
Shanghai University of Sport Library
Science and Technology Library of Baosteel Group Co.
i. In general, the range of book borrowing is common books and periodicals will be provided for readers by copy.
ii.The borrower is responsible for the borrowed documents. The documents should be returned on time. If the book is stained, damaged or lost, the borrower should make reparations according to the relevant provisions of the lending instituion.If the book is overdue, the borrower should accept the punishment of a fine.
(2) Submit the Applicaion of Interlibrary Loan through the Network Management System:
Use Interlibrary Loan Service of the Library to submit the applicaion of interlibrary loan on the internet. Then, the staff of Interlibrary Loan Office will borrow books for the reader. After the books are acquired, the reader will be informed to go to Interlibrary Loan Office to take the books by E-mail or by phone.
(1) Log on http://ill.sh.calis.edu.cn/gateway/ and use individual campus ID card number and password to confirm identity. Click “New User Register” → Select “Formal User Register” → Fill Out Account Information (Note: Items marked with * have to be completed.) → Click “Submit”. Then, wait for the staff to confirm your account information.
Means of Account Confirmation:
· Go to Room 305, Arts & Humanities Library for the counter confirmation.
· Send E-mail to email@example.com for the confirmation in writing.
· Call 021-65643176 for the confirmation by phone
(2) After confirmation, log on http://ill.sh.calis.edu.cn/gateway/ to submit your interlibrary loan application.
(3) After the books are acquired, the staff will inform thr reader to go to Room 305, Art & Humanities Library to take the books.
Old Users(Registered Users):
(1)Log on http://ill.sh.calis.edu.cn/gateway/ and use individual campus ID card number and password to confirm identity. Then, use the user ID and password used in the register to log on the Interlibrary Loan Service of the Library to submit the application.
(2) After the books are acquired, the staff will inform thr reader to go to Room 305, Art & Humanities Library to take the books.
Within one working day, the request will be processed. Once the book is obtained by the staff, the reader will be informed to take the book within one working day.
4 Policy for Free Charge
From 18th April 2011, all faculties, staff members, students of Fudan University are provided with free interlibrary loan service( 15 books per year ). The extra books will be charged according to the standard tariff.
5 Service Promise
Books in Shanghai region are available within seven working days (If the application is submitted before 5:00 pm Tuesday, the books can be taken this Thursday. If the application is submitted after 5:00 pm Tuesday, the books can be taken the next Thursday.)
Books in national libraries of China are available within ten working days.
If borrowing and returning through FUL, service charges are as follows:
(1) Shanghai Information Resources Network Libraries: Chinese book RMB 5.00 per volume; foreign book RMB 10.00 per volume.
(2) National Library of China: RMB 20.00 per volume
(3) CASHL Interlibrary Loan Fee: RMB 80.00 per book.
8 Introduction to Loan Period
(1) Library in Shanghai Region: The loan period is two weeks. The overdue fine is RMB 0.50 per book per day.
(2) National Library of China : The loan period is one week. The overdue fine is RMB 5.00 per book per day.
Post Address: Room 305, Periodical Department, Fudan University Library, No.220 Handan Rd. , Shanghai
Post Code: 200433
Contact Person: Xi Yongchun
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Address: Room 102, Medical Library of Fudan University, No.130 Dongan Rd. , Shanghai
Post Code: 200032
Contact Person: Hu Lei, Zhou Yueqin
E-Mail : email@example.com
10 Supplementary Rules
(1) The use of documents delivered by Fudan University Library is subject to the Chinese copyright regulations.
(2) Fudan University Library reserves the rights to interpret and revise this service handbook.